View Single Post
Old May 1, 2011, 08:31 PM   #185
mnero

They did not diffuse the situation, they rescued one person; it was a brave and selfless act; if they had attempted to intervene by 'filling the ilses with dead goblins' then their efforts would have been far less productive. I don't doubt the ability of a trained, experienced LEO or even a soldier(though we are not generally trained to deal with law enforcement situations like this) to possibly diffuse the situation with violence. I doubt very much an ineperienced civilian could, no matter how much they talk about it. Talk and detailed planning are NOT training. They do not produce the mental instincts and muscle memory required to respond to this kind of situation. I would hope that discussions like this would leave those of us who are not LEO, to the conclusion that police work is best left to the police. They have a difficult enough job already without us civilians trying to do things we are not trained for.

Threegun what should I be trained for? G*d gave me enough sense, I admit not alot, but enough to know my limitations, The military gave me enough training to know when to fight and when to run. Surrendering a wallet is not surrendering to an enemy, it is not giving into fear, it is not the act of a coward or someone who lacks training so has no choice but to cower in the corner and pray. It may not be what I would do, but if we are just gonna talk about what we would do, then I am forced to make a rational choice rather then an instinctive reaction. So again I ask what else should I be training for?

Last edited by mnero; May 1, 2011 at 08:45 PM.

Page generated in 0.03598 seconds with 8 queries