View Single Post
Old November 8, 2006, 12:30 PM   #17
claude783

At my church (years ago) one of my fellow members was an EMT. Since he was also into guns he would describe the different shooting he was called to.

Seems one involved an ex-wife who use to be the punching bag for her "gremlin" husband. Because she had a restraining order and had moved into a trailer park trying to hide out from the abusive "gremlin", she was given a 22 Ruger Single Six loaded with the 22 mag. cylinder.

Seems Gremlin comes to her trailer, is kicking in the door, while she is talking to 911 screaming, she finally takes the gun and shoots through the hollow core door.

When the police arrived, they find the man still standing up between the screen door and the hollow core door. Seems the screen door had hooked up under his belt which kept him standing.

According to my buddy, the coroner described the six holes as being "golf ball" sized coming out the gremlin's back. Nice small entry wound, but large, freaking, holes in the back. He was dead after the first shot!

My personal experience has been trying it jack rabbit hunting. Discovered that it didn't leave a whole heck of a lot. So, out of a good quality gun, good barrel length, I feel this is one heck of an attitude adjustment tool!

I wouldn't bother using the 22 mag out of a small 1-2 inch barrel. However, when you go 4" or more it is one devestating round!

Page generated in 0.05324 seconds with 8 queries