View Single Post
Old September 15, 2006, 09:26 PM   #16
faust

Here's what happened 2 weeks ago in Baton Rouge, LA.

Pre-med student working at Olive Garden (in very *good* area of town, they don't put Olive Gardens in the ghetto). He walked outside to help a female co-worker put gas in her car. Two BG approached, demanded everything. Both victims complied *completely* and fully submitted.

Both were then shot, pre-med student is dead, the girl was hit in the leg. LSU is pretty shook up about this. One of my students missed class for the funeral. $10,000 reward up now, no suspects. They're still on the street.

This burns me up. Promising student killed for *no reason*. I don't see how they could have done much differently. Remember, these days the BG would just as soon kill you as leave you, even if you do everything "right".

http://wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=5386482
"After Arnold and the woman handed over everything they had, they were both shot, detectives said.

Arnold was killed. His female co-worker was shot in the leg but survived."

I used to live right up the street, and it's maybe 2 miles from my favorite shooting range. Good area, broad daylight, compliant victims. Hard working student killed for no reason. There's a lot of pissed off people.
I carry, but I am not allowed to carry on campus, where I spend 90% of my time. Thoughts?

Page generated in 0.02304 seconds with 8 queries