View Single Post
Old August 3, 2015, 09:17 AM   #23
Tarus owner

Smith and Wesson SD40VE buldge in brass near rim

Disappointed that customer service told me that you they were well aware of the issue that their SD40VE pistol's had an issue of causing the brass to buldge near the rim which their engineering decided to ignore. This makes all brass unreloadable as this weakens the case. I've never owned a gun which does this, I was told they did replace the barrel on my new SD40VE, but that they usually just send them back to sender. I sent mine in on 7-1-2015, called today 8-3-2015 as I had not received confirmation it was in their system. Usually this buldge is due to too much metal taken out in chamber where buldge is occurring. Yet Smith doesn't seem to care! Quality and quality control and don't care you can't reload brass shot from their pistol is bad customer relations in my book! I will see if new barrel does same to brass if so, I told customer service I'd sell it and not buy another Smith and Wesson. I thought Smith was a better quality gun. I also know all manufacturer's have some issues even glocks, I bought a Taurus PT145 mellinium pro, it would not rack bullet in chamber, and it would fail to chamber every second or third round, sent it in 6-16-15 spoke to them third time today 8-3-15, have to call back this Friday to see if the replacement a new 24-7 which is backordered is in pallet in warehouse. They said they open pallets for inventory last week of month and first week of new month to see what they got in, hopefully they have 24-7 they would send me one if in pallet. So yes they all have issues, my brothers glock had an issue he was almost ready to get rid of it but after about 1,000 rounds shot better grouped better etc... So there's a issue out there somewhere someone has a gun from even a top manufacturer which has an issue. I have a Taurus pt111 which is accurate and shoots great no issues, just bought it about same time as others mentioned, also got an Arcus 98 DAC it shoots great and accurate, I'd recommend it as it has same day sign as 1911's everyone seems to love and its all steel not cheap plastic. Main issue with this post was Smith has an issue they refuse to fix, reloading in this day and environment makes it even more critical for being able to reload spent brass. You should let smith know this is not acceptable their customer support number is 800-331-0852. Tell them we expect more of a valued name gun manufacturer. Not cheap junk especially when it is not a hard fix. Thanks!

Page generated in 0.02479 seconds with 8 queries