View Single Post
Old March 19, 2013, 01:01 AM   #8
Mustang1

Federal ammunition

During one of my many trips to walmart in search of ammo I happened upon a situation other than a empty shelf. I have been in the market for some time now for .223 ammo which most of you know is almost impossible to find. What I found was federal ammo newer versions of 223 called Fusion. I bought 2 boxes of it because that was all the 223 they had. The stuff was 22 dollars for a box of twenty( I know, a rip off) but times are hard and I want to shoot. The first box I tried I get a fail to fire from one. Now keep in mind Fusion boasts of Precise and stringent making of this bullet. I thought for over 1 dollar a round I am going to contact federal and give them my two cents worth of thought. Well I have to tell you guys that for a spokesman for federal, this guy was a moron. He tells me that this particular bullet was made mainly for AK's and AR's but it is still a 223 shell. I told the guy that I had been loyal federal guy for a long time and do to the EXTREME lack of bullets on the market I didn't have much of a choice and for the money these should be performing better than that. Well he really gave me the " didn't really care" attitude and I had to come right out and ask if they would do something for me. First he tells me that he couldn't send me any bullets because and I quote " we don't have any" I said your a manufacturer and you don't have any? Then I asked if he could compensate me some other way, he finally after saying that about four times and squezing he's nuts off he finally said he would send me a 10 dollar check ( doesn't even cover the one box) Now I am not the kind of guy who goes around taking advantage of manufacturers but I thought this guy was a complete ass. By the way, I am using these shells in a Savage Axis which up to this point has fired anything I've put in it. So guys, do as you will with this info but I made me less apt to use federal. Anyone have any similar experiences with these manufacturers in these tough times? I've heard of individuals in the past that voice there concerns to manufacturers getting sent ammo I GUESS THOSE DAYS ARE GONE.

Page generated in 0.03782 seconds with 8 queries