View Single Post
Old March 11, 2015, 07:27 PM   #1
steveNChunter

.270...stainless...w/ a 24" barrel

I've long admired the .270, but for some reason, never got around to choosing that cartridge whenever I've been in the market for a new rifle. I'm planning on changing that soon.

I've been browsing through the gun manufacturer's websites, looking for what seems to be a sort of rare combination. Of course the cartridge has to be .270 win, I want it stainless, and I want at least a 24" barrel. I'd like to keep it under $1000.

So far I've found five rifles that I'm considering:

Weatherby Vanguard Stainless Synthetic- Great barreled action, but I'm unsure of the stiffness/quality of the stock

Winchester Model 70 Ultimate Shadow SS- Same story as the Vanguard

Remington 700 SPS stainless- Junk as-is, but a good rifle after I put a better trigger and stock on it

Remington 700 CDL SF- Beautiful rifle, but still gonna need a trigger to make me happy

Thompson/Center Venture Weathershield- Not really stainless, but the sub-MOA guarantee is nice. Unsure of the stock quality on this one too. Cheapest rifle of the bunch, so I could spend more on a scope.

I'd like to hear from people who have experience with these rifles to help me weigh the pros/cons of each, or if you know of any others that meet my criteria. Thanks

Page generated in 0.02587 seconds with 8 queries