Thread: Sig Custom Shop
View Single Post
Old June 16, 2013, 10:53 PM   #43
TunnelRat

Correct me if I'm wrong but what exactly is the SIG service plan going to do? If you legitimately think your slide is bent you need to tell them. Otherwise all they will do is replace springs and other wear items and call it a day. If your frame has been damaged due to a bent slide nothing in that plan will cover the damage, ditto for the slide. With as busy as SIG is if you think you have a specific issue you need to tell them when it is sent in, not pray that they might find it.

I have a hard time telling from the pictures. Is the issue that there is only wear inside one slide rail? Was it there before? If not can you visibly see some sign of the slide being bent? I ask because I am still having a hard time imagining a situation where he bent the slide in replacing the sights. Even if he clamped the sides of the slide in a vise the pressure should have been distributed along the length of the slide. You say the slide catches, but how and at what point? If you can map the point where it catches to a point on the slide examine that area and take pics.

All you have shown me so far is a slide rail that looks rather worn, which lube can help mitigate to an extent, and some marring of the finish around the dovertails for the sights. Let's take a minute and do some critical thinking before sending it in and putting more money into it, especially if all you have is $500 in it. You would have to decide if refinishing it is worth it to you. Is it a collector or a shooter? Again I think more info is needed.
Maintain situational awareness

Page generated in 0.03353 seconds with 8 queries