View Single Post
Old August 3, 2011, 03:43 PM   #60
serf 'rett

Hey, wait a minute, we've got a crew working in Dardenelle, below the dam, and if you throw the thing in the deep lake behind the dam, it might blow the dam and wash our crew away!

I wonder how long the Lee customer service person has been working there? And if they are still employed? Sheech. Did they put a new die on the mail mule heading your way?

I'm more on the side of the spitting/cussin'/pulling/2x4bumping/plier twisting/cheater pipe/bolt cutters crowd, but I'd also look carefully at maybe installing a bushing or spacer in the gap between the upper and lower ends of the casing. With the ram up (I guess that's where it's stuck) and the bushing installed, you may be able to screw the die out of the press. If you try this, make sure you have plenty of threads in the press, becuase we don't want to mess up the press threads. If the mess doesn't pull loose, you might be able to apply enough slow stead pressure to rip the case apart. Then ship it back to Lee and protect my crew from the dam being blown.

Page generated in 0.02532 seconds with 8 queries