View Single Post
Old March 27, 2001, 12:24 PM   #1
Erich

I read an article this weekend in which the author claims it's okay to fire 9x19 (or .380 or 9mm Police) in a revolver chambered for .357 magnum (presumably with some sort of clips to allow headspacing of the rimless cartridge). I'd never really thought about it before (except when looking at those Medusa revolvers a few years back). Can anyone see problems with this?

Now, I just bought an SP-101 in .357 mag. Ruger used to make an SP-101 in 9mm. The chamber pressures for the 9mm and the .357 mag . are, I believe, the same. It's okay to fire shorter .38 spls in the .357 mag. revolver, so presumably the shorter 9mm case wouldn't be a problem. I wonder how the standard moon clips for the 9mm SP-101 would fit in the space alloted for the rim of the .38/.357 cases.

What do you guys think? I'm not dying to try it or anything, but I have read nice things about the ballistics and lack of recoil (compared to the magnum round) of the 9x19 out of small-framed revolvers - so it might be worth trying. And there's that cheap 9mm ammo I have lying around . . . .

Page generated in 0.03024 seconds with 8 queries