View Single Post
Old July 21, 2012, 10:52 AM   #1
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

Black Hog Down... $$$ gone too...

Junior loaded a young curr and my ol' bulldog gyp, Deadly and went hoggin' with a buddy...

Juniors little 7-8 month old curr pup bayed up... Found out what a warrior pig can do as this was only his second pig and the first was no mean joker...

He ended up gettin' gut hooked... Told the EVD that the $1,300 exploratory surgery to look for perforated intestines or bleeding organs was just too steep so $200 to do the suture job that was beyond Junior and my skill level was plenty...

Well my ol' bulldog ain't been on many hunts lately and hasn't squared off on a big bad hog to catch in quite some time...

She ended up with a 4 inch gash up the back of a hind leg that was field stapled just fine... No Vet Bill For Deadly...

This pig is a true warrior hog in black...

Pardon the crappy cell phone pics...

In the one shot of the hog's full side, I want everyone to take note of the white slash scars from neck to ham... These are battle scars from other hogs... In general a territorial dispute will result in scars to the front shoulders mainly... When one is a real scrapper we will see these scars all over as the pig is absolutely fighting the other hog to win and this'n looks to have never curred from a fight in his life...

His shield was longer down his side than is usual as well... In the same side pic, looking close you will see a slight depression in front of his ham... just forward is the edge of the shield that abruptly ends causing the depression... So his shield goes to the far end of his ribs and is still 5-6 inches tall back at the end... You could see the red muscle in some of the wounds on his hams that didn't heal closed...

He was well north of 200# while looking like a 165-185... That shield must be heavy!!! One side cutter and wetter were broke off at the cheeks... Too bad Mississippi and Deadly weren't on that side of his head...

Brent
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cutter.jpg (145.4 KB, 226 views)
File Type: jpg scars.jpg (128.6 KB, 217 views)
File Type: jpg junior.jpg (128.4 KB, 211 views)

Page generated in 0.04089 seconds with 9 queries