View Single Post
Old July 16, 2001, 11:45 PM   #4
JohnK

Bob has some good advice, read everything you can then read it again. I would also suggest getting at least one or two more reloading manuals. You'll find that in most cases they don't agree on loads for any given powder/caliber/bullet weight.

I would suggest starting your loading with the 45 ACP and 230gr LRN or FMJ bullets and 5.0-6.0gr of Unique. Unique has a moderate burn rate and is a good all around powder that can be used in your 9mm and 44 magnum/special loads.

I suggest starting with the 45 ACP because it's a fairly low pressure round with big components and is easy to load for. I would not recommend starting off with hot 44 magnum loads, when you're first starting out it's easy to make mistakes and a mistake with a heavy 44 load could have very tragic results. Yes a mistake when loading any caliber can be serious but in my opinion it's better to learn on a low pressure caliber than a high pressure.

Good luck in your loading, and don't hesitate to ask questions. Better to ask what you may think is a common or silly question than to be uninformed.

http://www.handloads.com
Molan Labe!

Page generated in 0.03848 seconds with 8 queries