View Single Post
Old July 17, 2010, 10:53 AM   #27
usaign

I want to clarify something. The only entity that can legally kill someone in the United States is the state or federal government and only after considerable lengthy court room trials and decisions. You cannot kill someone else, but you can try to stop someone else in self-defense or the defense of others. Now if that person dies as a result of you trying to stop them then on a case by case basis the local authorities will study the issues and make a decision if they want to prosecute you. They will see if your actions closely align with the laws in question.

I would never post on a public message board that my intent was to kill someone else as one of the posters just did. That type of intent does not closely align with the laws that are out there. Your intent, at all times, should be to stop the threat...that is...if you do not first have a duty to retreat. I cant think of any laws where they will allow you to kill someone else.

You never (well almost never) see a LEO in the United States put any more bullets into a suspect then they need to. For example, at Fort Hood. The officer only fired off as many bullets as she needed to stop the threat. She didnt keep going and finish off the suspect. Her intent was to stop the threat. Had she put more bullets into the suspect then was needed to stop then she could have been prosecuted for manslaughter or murder in theory.

So dont go telling your friends or posting on messageboards that you want to kill someone else even in self-defense. Now you have admitted to the intent of the crime.

Page generated in 0.04921 seconds with 8 queries