Thread: Mauser action
View Single Post
Old January 8, 2000, 03:53 AM   #8
Bobcat

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by George Stringer:
Joe, Wildcat and anyone else who might be interested, I had already ordered 4 or the 1938 Turk Mausers from Century and they arrived today. I got to say I was pleasantly suprised. Not being interested in the bores I just gave them a quick look while checking them in. I saw no pits. The actions seem to be in good shape. I would want to have one tested for hardness before I barreled it with a magnum caliber but for anything else I wouldn't hesitate although I doubt any of these will be chambered hotter than a .308 Win. They come complete too. Each one had a sling, cartouche, bayonet& scabbard and trigger lock. One was missing the frog for the bayonet and another is missing the mag spring and follower. Three had cracked handguards. Other than that I have 4 complete 98 actions to build on. For $100 including shipping that's hard to beat. George [/quote]

George, Maybe you already know, but those large ring Model 38 Turks take a small ring sized barrel shank, approx. .98".

Page generated in 0.05627 seconds with 8 queries