View Single Post
Old September 28, 2006, 01:25 PM   #12
Wild Bill Bucks

I try to shoot a 50 pounder, because they are the very best eating, and I can get the little porker in my smoker, without cutting him up. I take sweet bell peppers, onions,garlic, and cut it all into small 1/4"x 1" pieces, punch holes, down to the bone, everywhere I can, and insert the ingredients into the cuts, as deep as possible. Then I take Marichino(spelling) cherries, and I pour the juice from them all over the little fella, and be sure to poke some cherries into the cuts also. I don't put salt and pepper on it, because everyone likes theirs a little different, at the table. This is all done in a LARGE pan, and then covered and let him soak in the fridge over night.

I then hang him in my smoker for about 1 hour, and let him get a good covering of hickory smoke.(250 degrees) I then take him out and put him in a large pan with some onion soup, and mushroom gravy. Cover the pan with aluminum foil, and replace him back in the smoker, for about another 4 to 5 hours, taking him out about 1/2 way through, and turning him over.

This keeps from getting an overly smoked flavor to him, and will keep the meat very moist and tender.

Man I can't talk about this any longer, I'm making my mouth water down on my key board.

Page generated in 0.03697 seconds with 8 queries