Thread: Deer Baiting
View Single Post
Old April 28, 2013, 01:30 PM   #50
Hawg

Quote:
For all who says baiting is cheating, please explain your hunting method to include equipment. Unless you're dressed like a caveman and hunt with primitive weapons, please don't shun other hunters and their legal methods.
Baiting isn't legal here. My favorite rifle is a .54 Hawken shooting a patched round ball. I don't use scents or calls or rattles. I don't use special soap or any kind of scent cover. The only thing I do in that nature is sometimes wear rubber bottomed boots that won't leave a scent trail. Most times I'm wearing sneakers, along with jeans and a t shirt with a light jacket(and the required orange vest). Where I hunt has thick undergrowth and a few small clearings. I do hunt a ground blind or shooting house at the edges of some of those clearings. I'm not physically able now to drag a deer out of the rough so I take them in the clearings. I don't get in the blind before daylight. I wait till after it gets light and then sneak in. I've gotten more deer that way than I ever got by sitting in the blind itself.

Page generated in 0.02455 seconds with 8 queries