View Single Post
Old March 21, 2014, 05:52 AM   #25
Browndoff

Hi Guys, some further info and more pics.
[1] The grips ARE wood - it's entirely obvious from the INSIDE surfaces. The peculiar way it broke is down to the odd fact that the wood was cut with the GRAIN running almost perpendicular to the flat inner face.
[2] There are missing bits - like the rear Trigger-Guard screw, the Ejector-Rod [and its little spring-clip] and, maybe, a link-piece between the Trigger and the Hammer [for single-action....?].
[3] My attempts to remove the screws 'properly' failed - I just had to drill them out - I'm sorry!
These pictures are marginally better than the earlier ones. The revolver components were photographed one at a time, then, using Photoshop, I isolated just the parts themselves and superimposed each part, individually on the picture of the frame. For the 'Revolver Stripped' I did the same thing but left the parts close to - but separated from - the Frame. In that picture, you can see the Pawl just in front of the Recoil-Shield on the Frame. In the 'assembled' picture, the Pawl is sitting ON the Trigger [covering its upper hole] and its laid on top of the Recoil-Shield. The lack of colour-contrast makes the overlaid parts hard to see - I'm sorry!

Page generated in 0.03312 seconds with 8 queries