Thread: S&W model 410
View Single Post
Old February 17, 2012, 11:14 AM   #4
NoSecondBest

I have a model 410. At least I have one right now. I'm thinking of trading it in today on a new Ruger SBH for another (I don't need) deer gun. I've had the 410 for about six or seven years and have nothing overly negative to say about it. It has NEVER fail to fire, feed, or eject. NEVER. It's as reliable as any semi I've ever owned. It's reasonably accurate for what it was designed for, it's not a target gun by any stretch of the imagination. The trigger is poor-moderate even after breaking it in (I own/have owned several high end target revolvers and semis so I'm spoiled on triggers). It has a lot of travel and is mushy. Sights are crude but again, work for the intent to which they were designed. I've used mine almost exclusivily as a nightstand gun or a carry to "scare bear" gun (I've actually had to use it to scare a couple bears away from my ground blind and trailer porch where screaming at them had no effect. Don't want to shoot them, just make a lot of noise). I don't know why you're asking but if you're looking for something to target shoot with, forget it. If you're looking for a carry gun...it's too big and there are a lot better choices out there. Lots of smaller, higher capacity guns available. If you're looking for a nightstand gun, casual carry walking the property, etc. it's not too bad a choice. It's cheap and reliabe and it did what I wanted it to do.

Page generated in 0.02530 seconds with 8 queries