View Single Post
Old August 6, 2011, 07:14 PM   #829
alan

BGutzman Quote:
Basically, the ATF is helping stem the flow of contraband weapons southwards by sending contraband weapons southward. Makes perfect sense.

Tom called it right...... Nothing like our tax dollars sending guns directly to the criminals to stop non existant flow of guns from FFL dealers.....

Yesterday 09:40 PM
Tom Servo Quote:
It would sound very 1984-ish in its doublespeak except even Orwell probably thought that plot line was too far fetched to sell.

Oceania has always been at war with Europa.

Basically, the ATF is helping stem the flow of contraband weapons southwards by sending contraband weapons southward. Makes perfect sense.

The logic reminds me of Gibbon's summation of the late Roman empire: the whole system was a tax-collecting apparatus that collected taxes to support the tax-collecting apparatus.
--------------------------------------

How does "your tax dollars at work" ring in the view or hearing of readers here.

It strikes me that the hides of Obama and Holder et al aught to be nailed to the back fence, and allowed to dry. Of course, nothing of the sort will happen, sovereign immunity of some such foolishness will be trotted out, still the idea strikes me as interesting, even in the philosophical or rhetorical sense.

Page generated in 0.02310 seconds with 8 queries