View Single Post
Old March 28, 2009, 11:32 PM   #5
Gewehr98

I'm loathe to Bubba a good milsurp when it can be restored...

But some are found that are just too far gone. I take pity on finding such massacres, and those get rebuilt into something else for my gun safes.

I took over from Bubba and his hacksaw job with this 1917 Amberg Gewehr98. It's still in the original 8mm chambering, but I gave it a Bishop stock, Timney trigger, parkerizing, 700BDL iron sights, a welded bolt handle, Acraglas bedding, and a restored vintage Weaver V-8 external adjust scope:

This derelict 1916 C.G. Haenel Gewehr98 action got magnafluxed and trued, then received a welded bolt handle, Canjar single-set trigger, Speedlock striker and spring assembly, Krieger No. 5 taper barrel, Vais muzzle brake, Fajen Ace Varminter stock, Devcon bedding, Millett scope base and rings, Weaver V-16 scope, parkerizing over matte bluing, and a custom wildcat chambering in 6.5-06. It's my 1000-yard rifle, and was featured in the September 1999 issue of Tactical Shooter magazine for hitting a golfball cold bore at 500 meters. It goes with me in my pine box when I take my dirt nap.

This is an Eddystone 1917 U.S. Enfield action, with an unknown make target barrel, Unertl scope and mounts, Dayton trigger, early Fajen laminated stock, and gorgeous bluing. It was assembled sometime in the late 1960s, from what I can find out. It's chambered for the wildcat .236 Super, which we'd know today as a 6mm-.270.

Neural Misfires

Page generated in 0.02288 seconds with 8 queries