Thread: Digital scales
View Single Post
Old April 26, 2005, 09:56 AM   #4
Nortonics

Here's a good article on the subject:

Recreational Software Inc. - You might think digital reloading scales are all about the same...

I believe at this time, in the sub $150 category, you get about the same accuracy between both types. The best digital scales in this price range (and there's only a couple at present) can truly, time after time, register the exact same weight accurately - has everything to do with the quality of the pressure pad/transducer involved. It may seem cut & dry in that frame alone, but it really goes onto more in our field of using these scales for our reloading purposes. For instance, probably the next most important factor in finding a decent digital scale is how well and how accurately it registers changes of MINUTE proportions, such as when using a trickler to drop individual grains of powder into the tray. Some digital scales do a MUCH better job in this regard than others. They are NOT all built the same. Be choosy, and don't just go grab the cheapest special at MidwayUSA.com "just because". You'll be happy you didn't...

P.S. - Personally I own the old style of Dillon D-Terminator as referenced in the above article, and it works just as great as the article describes. If I had to go with a new scale I'd seriously consider Dillons's new D-Terminator which is also sold under the Competitive Edge Dynamics name as well. A little info here:

Dillon's new D-Terminator digital scale

Competitive Edge Dynamics - Professional Electronic Scale

Again, this is sub $150 stuff - you can certainly spend more and get into lab and professional stuff that would put these items to shame, but do we need really need to?

Page generated in 0.02561 seconds with 8 queries