View Single Post
Old October 15, 2002, 06:08 PM   #15
Bruce626

ljlcdl :
Quote:
If you haven't done it, consider a SG course with a quality instructor.
I wouldn't expect you to check my earlier posts, but this report is based on my Second SG course with extraordinarily well qualified instructors. I have learned a lot and would recommend that anyone taking up shotgun get some professional instruction... just to minimize pain if nothing else!

My main point in my long report was that as a plain-bead shotgun kind of guy, I was pleasantly surprised at how easy and intuitive ghost rings were, even while borrowing somebody else's gun.

Denny:
Quote:
What's more important than what type of sight is used, however, is to know your shotgun and know where the projectile(s) will impact at what distance
That's what amazed me... here I'm shooting this totally unknown (to me) borrowed 870 and it simply does what I think it should do. I'm very comfortable with my Mossy500 and with several thousand rounds thru it I think that if I don't know it, I'm at least acquainted with it, but shooting WELL with an completely strange borrowed 870 is, in my view, a tribute to the predictability or naturalness of the well set-up, ghost-ring equipped 870, probably due to the Vang Comp treatment it got.

Page generated in 0.03485 seconds with 8 queries