View Single Post
Old December 4, 1998, 11:48 AM   #7
Rob Pincus

I shoot a lot of Shotugn events. My favorite is the two man flurry events, particular the one formerly run by Sporting Clays Magazine which travelled around the countrywith the Chevy Tahoe Wildlife Challegne promotion.
I also shoot 5-stand, trap and Sporting Clays.

My wife and I shoot in the GSSF events (in fact, her picture will be in the Glock Annual for 1999 in relation to GSSF Shoots) and we shoot in the Sportsman Team Challenge.

We just competed in the Grand National Waterfowl Hunt, which was a 5-shot duck hunting competition and we are planning on attending the Governor's One-Shot Turkey Shoot next spring.
Most of the people I hunt with find a way to make that a competition too. We find more ways to bet on a hunt than the local country club memebers do on a round of golf. (deer: Largest by wieght, smallest by weight above a minimum, largest rack, highest B&C score, longest tine, most worn back teeth. Upland birds: Most birds, lightest bird, heaviest bird, longest wingspan, longest tailfeather, best shot percentage. Turkey: Longestbeard, heaviest bird, longest spur, longest spur& beard combo, Biggest difference between beard and spur length...etc,etc, etc).

I don't really get to compete in IPSC much anymore and I haven't actually competed in an IDPA event yet, but my regular day at the range is kinda like an IPSC and IDPA event anyway, because of the way I like to shoot.

Competition is a great way to enjoy the shooting sports.

------------------
-Essayons

Page generated in 0.04194 seconds with 8 queries