Thread: Delta Mud..
View Single Post
Old January 15, 2012, 11:24 AM   #11
5RWill

We always have ducks migratory or not, some reason our place (swampy) always has em. It's fun but it's hard hunting, after 4-5 days of going i'm worn out. I haven't hunted too many animals in my life on a regular basis (just the normal white tail, turkey, and doves) But i can honestly tell you i've never had to work harder than i work when going after ducks. Most of the time come ducks season we have entirely too much water, so while there are plenty of ducks you might shoot at a some, then they fly 100yds behind woods into a opening and go down there.

Here's a picture of the spot we hunted yesterday, then we crossed the bayou in the back to go check out another hole. To get to this spot though there is a bank in between two culverts and we take the Mule about 400yds through trees and bryers. Then since my waders have a leak in them i walk the bank to get to myspot through about 200yds of bryers. Sucks. Needs a little dozer and some fixing up, but if it was all nice and comfy we wouldn't have all the laughs of people falling etc. lol

We need to start goose hunting we always have tons of geese but i can't ever get my lazy self to want to put out 100+ decoys.

Page generated in 0.04017 seconds with 8 queries