View Single Post
Old September 25, 2005, 02:46 PM   #35
tsavo

Quote:
No. HE started it by violating me or my neighbor by trying to steal my or their property. Property IS worth risking your life for. You spent part of your life working for it, to pay for it, it cost you time, money, effort. Property of any kind is part of the fruit of your labor which you have the right to enjoy. When the criminal trys to steal it, he is violating your life and liberty.
No, he didn't. Stealing the car isn't an altercation between 2 people. You going over there and engaging him is the altercation. A altercation requires 2 people, not a person and a car. If you think your life is worth risking for a 10 thousand dollar car I feel really bad for you. Lets just say the car is worth 10 grand, that's about a months pay for most successful people. You're telling me that a 70+ years worth of life is worth giving up for a months pay? I hope you're not older than 14 or 15 with that kind of logic and reasoning. I'm just waiting for one of you cowboys to get into one of these situations and see what happens when you bend the law and use a ccw permit as it wasn't intended to be used.

Hold the bg at gun point until the police arrive, fine-nothing wrong with that. However, it something happens and you end up shooting a unarmed person that wasn't in your home you're in for some serious ****. What are you going to say in the court room? Um, he was trying to steal my neighbors car, and he attacked me so I shot him. Says who? Where are your witnesses? Can you prove he attacked you? If you're a male then being attacked by fists isn't considered serious bodily harm or death. It's your word against the prosecutors. In case you didn't know- in court you're not just pleading your case, there is an oppostion trying to make you look as guilty as possible.

The original point is if you're willing to kill someone and then risk going to prison over a honda accord then you're a moron. Nobody was being threatened in the first place, nobody. You created the dangerous situation by choosing to involve yourself in it.

Page generated in 0.03559 seconds with 8 queries