View Single Post
Old March 31, 2013, 12:56 PM   #1
BusterValentine

Loading 38 Super Questions

Hey all, picked up a PT1911 in 38 super yesterday as well as some brass, I'm currently working with 115gr FMJ's with either Red Dot or Blue Dot. I would like to work up some super soft powder puff loads for new shooters as well as some accurate competition loads for my Tactical Shooting League and I had a few questions.

1. I have regular and +p brass, I know the +p brass has thicker walls so will the exact same loads work in both or do I need to compensate for the +p in my powder charge? Most of my brass (500+) is +p.

2. I have a 38 super decapping/sizer die on the way but it's gonna take 2 weeks to get here, but I already have a Hornady 3 die set in 9mm. Through my own research I've found that the expander and seater/crimp dies will work with 38 super but what about the sizer? I have removed the pin and spindle and tried a few and they seem to size ok all the way down. Can I use the 9mm sizer die or do I have to wait?

3. Does anyone have good recommendations for loads? I have not been able to find much for my combination of ingredients and the loads I did find had zero information to accompany them.

As always, I appreciate the help.

Page generated in 0.03849 seconds with 8 queries