View Single Post
Old January 1, 2011, 09:24 AM   #9
Kreyzhorse

Quote:
I'm thinking if you comply with state laws concerning guns in cars and adopt a don't ask don't tell policy at work you would be OK. It isn't a problem untill it is a problem ( like the pizza hut guy who was in the freezer and shot his attacker) but at that point following company rules evaporates in the face of life or death.

Is the employee parking lot secure or is it accessible to the public either by car or walking? If assessable to the public, I'd deem it a public place and you would have the same rights as anyone else.
+1. It's a public lot and if you meet storage laws you should be okay. Don't ask, don't tell applies here.

With that said, I'm not sure what the laws are concering an employeers ability to ban guns in their lot. Kentucky as an example, bans employeers from banning handguns in their parking lots. It's illegal for an employeer to take any action against a person that does keep a handgun in their vehicle. With that said, Kentucky is also an "at will" employment state so if they can't get rid of you for your handgun, they can certainly do so for something else.

Here's a link to a good handgun law site.

www.handgunlaw.us

As a side note, move to over the river to Kentucky, they are much more gun friendly.

Page generated in 0.03393 seconds with 8 queries