View Single Post
Old February 8, 2007, 02:26 PM   #17
Musketeer

Quote:
I also got her a 6 cell D flashlight the aluminum cased one just in case. A hit over the head wit hthat and you will be a hurting unit. My cousin (A Omaha LEO) recommended it over a baseball bat as it (flashlight) would not be construed as being handy for weapon use.
In any court in the land that will be considerred deadly force. A hit over the head with it may hurt the reciever but may just as likely kill him.

Quote:
In the 70s, I was doing drag in a "haunted house" we were "pushing" the last wave of kids out, someone blew up a pepper spray can in a hallway that had doors closed at either end, one guy had a breathing problem and almost died from it. I hate the stuff and just wont use it.
So a criminal misused a device and as a result you blame the device. If someone had shot another person in that haunted house should all guns then be banned? Do not blame an inanimate object for criminal behaviour and its consequences. If the criminal I hit with OC has asthma that is his problem, not mine. I have used a nationally and LEO accepted generally non-lethal response to crime. If my lungs are that sensitive then I would not use OC as it would be known lethal force to myself.

Quote:
Another scenario: we were at a large mall in Omaha, some Dallas cowboy famous running back was signing footballs, we got in line, up on the next level a gun fight broke out. What would any of you do?
Leave. Neither Pepper Spray or a Gun really matter in this case. It is a gunfight that does not directly involve you. Gun or knife immediatly makes it lethal force. Being on a different level than yourself means there is no reason you should be sticking around. This scenario has nothing to do with OC.

Quote:
Is anyone else concerned with what would happen if you had to use your pistol but also had OC? Criminally, I'm sure one would be fine - if you were justified in shooting, that should be that. But when you are getting sued in civil court by the family members of "the victim", isn't it going to be awefully easy for a prosecutor to paint you as a murderer for not just pepper spraying the knife wielding maniac - after all, it wasn't his fault he grew up to be a troubled young man! If you had OC, why did you have to take his client's life?!
Knife equalls deadly force. Your lawyer can just as easily turn the tables to say you carried the OC as an option to prevent a situation from escalating to a deadly force encounter. The introduction of the knife though brings you past that point though which your expert witnesses should attest to.

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

Page generated in 0.02546 seconds with 8 queries