View Single Post
Old January 3, 2013, 03:33 PM   #7
BigJimP

I don't disagree with your approach Bob....especially when you put the "carry it all day " on your belt mentality...

But I did invest in a large frame Freedom Arms last spring..in a 4 3/4" octagonal barrel in .357 mag ( and its heavy at 53 oz ...vs a N frame 4" model 27 at about 43 oz )...and of course if you were to go with a 6" barrel in a heavy caliber like .475 Linebaugh ...its probably close to 60oz ....and while I'm little bigger than the average Buffalo at 6'5" and 290 lbs....carrying it in the woods, or whatever...would mean a good pair of suspenders.

But having the one Freedom Arms now ...in .357 mag ( where the recoil is almost non-existent with a gun that heavy ...)....there is a "stupid" side to my personality that would at least like to try another large frame Freedom Arms in a 6" in .475 Linebaugh ....and see how easy it is to shoot. But as to carrying it ....no, I don't think so.

I'd rather carry the N frame 4" over the 4 3/4" Freedom arms I have now ...the extra 10 oz on a belt, is a lot.

Page generated in 0.02131 seconds with 8 queries