View Single Post
Old November 21, 2013, 05:12 PM   #1
whiplash

Help troubleshoot my handgun grip/poi problem?

Ok folks I'm looking for some help in troubleshooting a small problem that's been buggin me. When shooting any semi handguns my groups generally impact at the 9 o' clock area (multiple ranges, say 4in off at 15yrds). This happens when shooting my duty G22, XD45, or any 1911. After being issued a 1911 for duty couple years ago, I was instructed on the thumbs forward (right thumb riding the safety) grip, and that's the grip I've stuck with. Since then I've been issued the G22. But after more frequent shooting of all those models mentioned, to included other folks guns, I can't seem to make center hits. I've looked at a handgun correction chart which mentions trigger finger depth, but have tried more, less, and in the middle to no avail. I believe it may have to do with grip pressure in the hand, to much or not enough, but can't settle on anything. I've made rear sight adjustment to the G22, but have no more left. Does anyone have anything I could try or adjust within my grip? I know to work on smooth press to the rear. I know it may be hard to recommend something without seeing the grip in person...but I'm desperate to try anything. Am I combat accurate? Yes. Do I want groups in the center? Yes. Any help or recommendations would be much appreciated!

Page generated in 0.03807 seconds with 8 queries