View Single Post
Old December 13, 2007, 03:15 AM   #2
saands

No need to sort for accuracy ... if you are shooting it through a pistol, you'll never notice any difference that might exist. Pay attention to the feel of the press when you are resizing ... I toss anything that feels different ... usually it has the A-merc headstamp when it happens. A-Merc is the ONLY brass that I won't reload.

Berry's bullets are great. I would consider one of the vibrating cleaners ... you can add some carnuba car wax to it to keep the dust down ... BUT ... you will NOT decrease your lead exposure by reloading ... if you really want to do that, then you will buy TMJ rounds already made or you will only use new components ... not once-fired brass. If you are really disciplined, you can avoid increasing your exposure while reloading, but I just don't think that it would be possible to reduce it. Just one opinion ... from one that follows the rules religiously ... no eating, drinking, etc while reloading at my bench.

I have the Hornady bullet puller ... it works really well, even in a hand press, but it can be tough to pull heavily crimped bullets without spilling some powder. This is trivially easy with a mounted press. The hammer style is great to pull one round, but NOT 10 or 20 or God forbid 100

Be safe,
Saands

Page generated in 0.05919 seconds with 8 queries