View Single Post
Old May 4, 2013, 02:41 PM   #6
Misssissippi Dave

Those primers should work just fine. I prefer to use Magnum primers in .357 only because they were what I had on hand when I was developing a load for them. I use AA7 powder with a 158 grain JHP. The powders you have are not ones I would normally want to use for this caliber. Of the ones you have HS-6 probably will work better than the others.

As mentioned few powders need a magnum primer. You really do need the magnum primer with those powders when it gets cold outside. In hot weather even they could get by with a SP. You never know just what the temperature is going to be when you need to fire a load you did. It is best to use the Magnum primer for the powders that others have determined it is needed for. As mentioned AA7 doesn't need a magnum primer but you can develop a load easy enough using them. Who knows I may even be saving one or two tenths of a grain of powder per round. I may even be able to load an extra round every 100 or so rounds I load using the magnum primer provided I don't spill any of it. When you take into consideration the cost of powder it doesn't even come up to a spit in the bucket so to speak.

Page generated in 0.02079 seconds with 8 queries