View Single Post
Old January 28, 2014, 11:49 AM   #7
bedbugbilly

I HAD a 357 LCR - it was a nice handgun for sure and a nice lightweight carry. It was a good shooter - no complaints at all with it. I carry OTB and for my purposes, I like my Smith Model 36 much better - but that's just me. I'm comfortable with 38s and both the 36 and LCR carry 5. In a way, I hated to part with it as it was a nice revolver but my problem is that I have too many and there wasn't much use in keeping it if it never got used.

I am enjoying the comments on the trigger that some of you have made. When the LCR first came out, all I saw was the complaints on the trigger - which I thought was a bunch of hooey. My LCR had a decent DA trigger and was perfect for SD carry. I had no trouble adapting to the length of pull or the feel of it. I'm not one to "tinker" with triggers. I have over a half dozen revolvers and they all have different trigger pulls and feel. To me, it's all about "learning" the gun and getting used to it.

So yea, I went to a Smith J frame from a LCR but I will never bad mouth the LCR - and I've recommended it to many. A great little hand gun.

twobit - I agree with you on the exposed hammer model (even though I carry an exposed hammer). I have to wonder it this isn't a little marketing test for what is "to come" out of Ruger. We shall see as time passes. I have 4 Rugers - SA and semi - love them all.
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.03358 seconds with 8 queries