View Single Post
Old January 17, 2014, 04:25 PM   #36
Rob62

For 99% of all hunting conditions I feel that conventional - non premium ammunition is fine. Conventional Lead core, copper jacketed bullets perform good enough in my opinion not to warrant the added expense of more expensive offerings.

The only caveats are competition long range target shooting, hunting dangerous game, or going on that once in a lifetime hunt. Then I'd opt for the best components available.

Otherwise nothing is wrong with the old tried and true Remington Core-Lokt ammo or something similar.

Edited to add a minor rant. My personal feelings are that all the premium bullet hype is just that - hype. Its about marketing and making money. Nothing wrong with that at all.. I am a capitalist

Look at the Nosler Partition bullet design, that design has been around for some time. Is it still a premium brand or now considered conventional.....I don't know. Its an outstanding bullet, it was when it came out, and it still is today. If there was one bullet that I could shoot forever it would be this and the Nosler Ballistic Tip. If you look at both designs, short of tweeking jacket specs maybe, they have not changed since they came out. Dead is dead and I do not feel that a bullet costing 4-5 times as much as a more basic one will kill an animal any deader. But to those that feel it helps them, I say by all means go out and get those bullets or loaded cartridges.

Regards,

Rob

Last edited by Rob62; January 17, 2014 at 04:34 PM.

Page generated in 0.03059 seconds with 8 queries