View Single Post
Old May 8, 2013, 10:16 PM   #32
Frank Ettin
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumbnut
True I suppose but thrown in the trunk of a car in a tool box I doubt they would have much of a case unless you jumped up and said...."Hely look at my weapon I use to hit people with officer"...
And you know this how? We've established in other threads that you have no actual legal training.

The thing is that whether or not there will be significant adverse legal consequences to carrying around in your car an object considered a weapon under local law will depend on unknown and unpredictable factors. And if one is detained or arrested, even if exonerated, it can cost him time and at least several thousand dollars in legal fees.

Anyone who is considering whether or not to take those sorts of risks should do some proper research and make informed decision. He should not rely on the unsupported opinions of unqualified, anonymous denizens of cyberspace.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper

Page generated in 0.02111 seconds with 8 queries