Thread: New CHL!
View Single Post
Old April 25, 2014, 10:00 AM   #1
smokehouse4444

New CHL!

Well.......FINALLY!!! My wife received her CHL five years ago. I was going to do it with her, but my checkered past reached up and bit me. Kind of a meaner, wilder, Dukes Of Hazzard, wild eyed Southern Boy I guess you could say. Patience and a bit of a change of lifestyle has finally been rewarded with my CHL. It is a big deal to me, and makes me feel proud of the accomplishment.

I don't want to have one just to have it, though. I want to actually carry as much as I can, so I would enjoy any advice that you well-versed concealers can offer. I'll give you guys the specifics, and what I am looking for.

I am a medical professional so I spend a large amount of time in scrubs. I live in a hot climate, so cargo type shorts would be the next prevalent clothing I wear. When I wear jeans, most often they are Carpenter jeans, and on the occasions I wear boots, I would then have tighter Wranglers on.

My three primary carry handguns will be a SIG P245, a Kahr CM9, and a Colt Mustang Pocketlite 380. The Kahr will probably be the main one and if I am wearing jeans/shorts with looser pockets, I will probably use a pocket holster. If scrubs or the tighter jeans, I will need an IWB holster. My plan is to have an IWB for the P245, as well as a possible small pack type. The Colt will be pretty much for pocket use when as small as possible is important.

The Milt Sparks Summer Special seems nice as an IWB. The DeSantis Ammo Nemesis or Super Fly seem like nice pocket holsters. I have never tried a kydex type. First thought was that I would probably wear an IWB at the appendix area, but now thinking more about the 4 oclock.

Anyway, those are the specifics. Any constructive thoughts would be appreciated. If this is in the wrong forum, I apologize...feel free to move it.

Thanks

Page generated in 0.02984 seconds with 8 queries