View Single Post
Old May 19, 2010, 12:23 PM   #17
mongoose33

1. I use the cardboard ammo boxes Frankenmauser was referring to. I stick a 1" 3-ring-binder label holder on them, and then I can reuse them over and over just by replacing the label. It's organized, it's easy, and I don't have stick-on labels to deal with:

2. The Shellsorters sold by Midway and others (http://shellsorter.com) are expensive, but they are worth their weight in gold, IMO. Midway has them on sale for under $30 from time to time (how I bought them), so if combined in another order they're not too bad.

I just bought the .380 shellplate from shellsorter directly; the price ($19.96) includes first-class shipping.

I've found they work best for me if I tilt them about 45 degrees toward me, and simply rotate them. It allows for nested brass to un-nest.

3. If you're using a Chronograph, replace the metal rods that hold the screens with wooden dowels. Shoot a metal rod and you might destroy the chrono; shoot a wooden rod and it just snaps. You might need to sand the ends a bit to get them to fit, but it's well worth it.

4. I have a piece of stair tread to which I've attached a Hornady powder measure stand. It has the lock n load system in it, allowing me to easily switch from measure to measure (I have more than one). I also added a couple screw-eyes to it so I could hang it from a joist, out of the way:

The little funnel screwed to the front makes it easy to dump powder from the measuring tray into the case; easier than trying to pour it directly into the case.

5. I read this someplace else (maybe TFL?) and it works wonderfully for capturing spent primers from the LnL AP press:

6. If you put a narrow shelf just above your workbench, you'll be amazed at how much stuff you can get off the bench surface but still have within easy reach:

7. A super-heavy-duty workbench can be made cheaply and effectively with a solid-core door as a surface (sand and seal with polyurethane), and legs that are self-leveling. You can see the upper part in the pic above; the lower part, with the self-leveling legs, is seen below. Those leveled legs will make the bench rock solid, and if you tie it to the wall, as I have done, it's not going anywhere. The 2x4 legs make it heavy, the shelf below (esp if you store stuff on it) adds more weight.

<more>

Page generated in 0.03947 seconds with 8 queries