View Single Post
Old January 29, 2010, 08:32 PM   #9
lockedcj7

I've owned several 870s in both 20 and 12 ga. I've had Wingmasters and Express versions but none that were made in the last ten years. I've also owned Winchesters (one 120 and one 1300) and I've shot several Mossbergs. I've handled many Browning BPSs but never shot one.

For my experience and money, I would look for an older Wingmaster. I've never had a problem with any of them but the fit and finish seems to be a little better on the older guns and their actions are usually smoother from use. The BPS is a great gun and is also well finished but aftermarket support isn't as good as with the Remingtons and Mossbergs. The base model Winchesters aren't finished very well and aftermarket support is better than the BPS but not nearly as good as the other two. That said, my dove gun is a 120 and I shoot it very well.

I'm sure you're thoroughly confused now but it would be hard to go wrong with any of the guns you listed. Now it's just a matter of picking the one that you like the most.

FWIW - I've never had a pump of any kind that jammed. Any and all malfunctions I've ever had with them could be traced to operator error.

Page generated in 0.03030 seconds with 8 queries