View Single Post
Old January 3, 2013, 11:17 AM   #15
TunnelRat

Quote:
I thought I was done but then I traded some more camera gear and got a new Sig M11-A1 and a Sig P239. Out of everything, I am enjoying shooting the 2 Sigs the most. For Christmas my wife got me a Sig 22LR conversion kit and if I can ever find any ammo for it I will see how I like that for the range. The Sig infatuation may pass and I will want to go back to my HKs. But I am thinking that I should sell either the P30 or the P30L. I do like both but I don't think it makes sense to keep both. I had planned on selling one to pay for the USPc so I need to make up for that money. The thing is, I can't decide which one to sell. I shoot them about the same. Right now I have a CT rail mounted laser on the P30 and take it in the car so day or night I am good. But, I could get CT laser grip for the P239 and it could become a great CC gun. I would be trading 15 rounds for 8 in the magazine. The other option is to put Trijicon HD night sights on the P2000sk (if they ever become available).
SIGs have better triggers, I've accepted that a while ago. I had to work at getting down the DA/SA of my HKs. For my SIGs it was fine from day one. So why don't I still have them? To be honest it was the weight. For the range I'll take a SIG every day. But for carry, especially IWB which is my preference, the HKs are just lighter. It's not a massive difference, but it's definitely noticeable at the end of the day.

To me if you have both a P30 and P30L and you have a decent carry option, get rid of the P30. The HK45c and USP 9c could easily be carried. Sounds like you have a lot of options right now. While I like the P239, it's a comfortable gun, it's not size effecient for me. A P2k with flat baseplates is the same height and you've got 13+1 instead of 8+1. Width isn't much different and the P2k is only slightly longer (1/2"). But this is length in the slide and if you're carrying IWB it doesn't matter.

I personally like a mounted light for home defense. P2k fits a full size light (TLR-1) just fine and uses a Glock style slot. Easy to find stuff for. P239 has no rail. Lasers are nice. But honestly if someone is in my house I'm getting that front sight center mass and pulling the trigger, I don't want to search for a dot. Nice bright light will light him up like an Xmas tree and perfectly silhouettes the regular sights.

Now if you just like the P239 more that's fine. Were I you? Sell the USP 9c (keep any extra mags as they will work fine for the P2k) and the P30. Use some of the money to buy the P2k and save the rest. Now you've recooped some of the money you spent on the P30s and have a gun that can be good for both carry and home defense, ala Glock 19. All for the same money and size as the P239 but with 13 +1 instead of 8+1. Your call.
Maintain situational awareness

Page generated in 0.03576 seconds with 8 queries