View Single Post
Old June 4, 2000, 01:52 AM   #48
FUD

johnwill, you originally made reference to SIZE and both are about the same size with the MK9 being slightly larger. With regard to thickness, they are both just under an inch thick. If you want to look at weight, the MK9 is more than three times heavier but that weight is needed to cushion the recoil of hot 9mm loads.

If you can conceal a P32, than you should be able to conceal a MK9 as well. If I'm going to carry a .32, then it's going to be my NAA Guardian which is significantly smaller than the P32.

I don't want to get into a flame war with anybody. Everybody makes decisions that are best for them. If a P32 fits your life-style better than a MK9 because maybe you like to carry it in your pocket and the weight of the MK9 will print while the weight of the P32 will not, then that's what you need to do.

My wife's uncle always wears a jacket even in 90+ degree temperature because he carries a full-size P14-45 and he laughs at my MK9 (with 7 rounds of 9mm) because of it's weaker stopping power when compared to his 15 rounds of .45ACP.

Each person does what is best for them. I'm not putting anyone down for their choices. I'm merely recommending (based on my experiences and the experiences of people that I know) that a person carries the largest caliber gun that they can shoot and conceal.

[This message has been edited by FUD (edited June 04, 2000).]

Page generated in 0.02979 seconds with 8 queries