View Single Post
Old February 20, 2013, 02:04 PM   #4
10 Spot Terminator

I have extensive expierience with moly. As another poster stated they tend to run slower than non moly coated bullets of the same type using load data for non coated bullets. This is due to the fact that the coating being so slick the bullets break free of the cases much easier and pressures are lower as a result due to the ease of which they travel down the barrel. What this amounts to as long as your case capacity will allow it is to increase your powder charges at least 1% and in my tests closer to 2% to achieve the same pressure and speed data for non coated bullets. I have loaded for several different calibres using this basis for my loads while using a chrony and measuring carefully for any increased prfessure signs with no issues. The benefit has more often than not been lower deviation in speeds and often times better grouping. Point to note most factory coated bullets have way too much excess moly on them and I recommend to wipe them down quite briskly with paper towels or old t-shirts etc. before you load them. This will help reduce build up in your barrel. PM me if you neen more insight.

10 Spot

Last edited by 10 Spot Terminator; February 20, 2013 at 02:10 PM.

Page generated in 0.02505 seconds with 8 queries