View Single Post
Old June 4, 2013, 03:56 PM   #60
Jay24bal

I'll play...

In some regards I fit the "stereotype" pretty well:

1. 6'1" and 240 pounds, so not exactly "slim."
2. 27 year-old white male.
3. Generally rather conservative on both social as well as fiscal government policy.
4. Christian.
5. Drive a pick-up truck daily even though my job does not require it (I do a lot of home repairs as well as being a hunter so the bed comes in handy about once a month for me).
6. I do occasionally wear camo when not in the field, although it is a function of them being old clothes that I wear on weekends for yardwork and such.
7. If you saw my basement, I would look like a gun nut as I have two safes full of guns (bolt action rifles, semi-auto EBRs, military surplus rifles, pump and semi-auto shotguns, most handguns are semi-auto, but there are a couple revolvers mixed in), I handload ammo so I have a workbench and supplies, and I have a shelf full of camo and duck decoys.
8. If you know me, you know I am outspoken in support of the 2A.
9. I carry daily.
10. I do love Copenhagen Southern Blend...

In other ways, I do not:

1. Very short crew cut, (I get asked a lot if I am a police officer or veteran, but I am not), no facial hair.
2. Did not grow up around guns, gained interest on my own once I was old enough to buy them myself. I grew up in suburbia where guns are not part of everyday life. At least to my knowledge, there is not a gun to be found in my parents' house.
3. I sell software for a living and interact with two "traditionally white-collared" industries depending on the product: large accounting firms and private country clubs.
4. I volunteer and help coach a youth baseball team in the summer (I played college baseball) even though I do not have children yet.
5. I am a college graduate, and spent 2 years in full-time study in law school before I decided I did not want to do that for 40 years.
6. I am a competitive amateur golfer and I spend a lot of time at various tournaments and in country-club settings and fit in quite well.
7. Married to my grade school sweetheart (yes, you read that correctly as we started dating in 8th grade) who is a tiny little woman and does not have a interest in guns although she does know how to handle them safely and use one if she must.

When people do find out that I have an interest in guns and that I hunt, most are surprised for some reason, but generally those are people that do not know me very well. Maybe it is why I enjoy sales, but I feel that everyone is different and can not fit into one mold. Every person has a different personality, preferences, history, hopes and dreams, and a different outlook on life, you just need to get to know them and go from there. I feel as comfortable sitting down with the Managing Partner of Big 4 CPA firm as I do the "good-'ole boys" at the range or in deer camp. While we all have these labels we like to attach to ourselves, we are all so much more complicated than that.

Once Fired Brass, Top quality, Fast shipping, Best prices.
http://300AacBrass.com/ -10% Coupon use code " Jay24bal "

Page generated in 0.03016 seconds with 8 queries