View Single Post
Old September 12, 2000, 01:23 AM   #41
Cheapo

Clark, contact me by e-mail and I'll be happy to give those non-pressure bearing parts a new home...

Your motives appear pure enough, though the method appears to be madness. You *could* convince me that your method is scientific enough if you can describe enough of a data gathering protocol...something beyond tracking the charge weights up to catastrophic failure and noting the type and character of the failure itself.

I have a few questions regarding your .45 ACP experiments which went beyond .460 Rowland levels:
Did you use increased-weight recoil springs or other failure-avoidance modifications?
Did you experience a failure (I would presume a case wall or head or primer failure would be most likely) or a chamber/barrel/slide/breechface failure?

How did the cases behave as you entered the Rowland zone?

What was the make/model of the pistol? Compensator equipped or plain jane?

And since you have no pressure equipment, how do you know you went beyond Rowland performance?

If your experiments are legit, I am quite curious and welcome posts of your experiences.

But our friends on TFL do have a very valid point about how you packaged this one. Your first post didn't even include any variation on the theme of "don't try this at home, kids!"

Page generated in 0.02309 seconds with 8 queries