View Single Post
Old October 12, 2009, 04:11 AM   #20
CajunBass

My wife got me back into shooting, hunting, fishing, all that kind of stuff. She knew it was all something I enjoyed and I had quit all of it in the year or so leading up to the divorce from my ex (no fault of my ex, either BTW.).

I used to take my wife (this one) fishing with me, before we got married, but she didn't have a fishing license so I figured she just wanted to go along for the boat ride and such and to spend time with me. Never occured to me that she might want to fish. After all, she was a city girl from Chicago. Finally she beat me over the head and convinced me that she wanted to fish. <LOL> After getting her a license, and a few lessons in casting, she's turned into quite a plastic worm fisherman.

Then she heard about concealed carry permits. "You mean I can carry a pistol?" YOU DON'T HAVE ONE? She got me back into pistol shooting and almost made me get my CHP. "A lot of people must have worked hard to get this law passed. If we don't take advantage of it, "they" will say, 'See, nobody wanted this law. Let's repeal it." I guess coming from Chicago, she knew what it meant to not be able to own/carry a gun.

November 27, 2007, she suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm and almost died. By the grace of God, she's recovered but still needs a walker or a cane to get around. (We were out hunting when she suffered the aneurysm BTW.) In the two years since she's gone shooting several times with me, and has been doing well. She has to sit to shoot, but she still loves to go.

Yesterday on the way home from church, she asked me, "Do you think there is any way I can go hunting this year? I know I can't go very far, but maybe just inside the edge of the woods around the house here?"

We'll figure something out.

She's a keeper.
John 3:16 (NKJV)

Page generated in 0.02446 seconds with 8 queries