View Single Post
Old January 2, 2005, 02:36 PM   #10
Dead-Nuts-Zero

Unfortunatly, if it were not for Walmart, I would not be able to purchase any firearms or related supplies within a 20 mile drive unless it's a m-f between 9am and 4;30pm. It's only 18 miles to the next Walmart. Anyway, they (walmart) have treated me well overall, but depends on who is working the sporting goods area. I think some of these clerks are anti gun or anti hunting and they make it difficult for you whenever they have the chance.

I purchased a handgun at a Gander Mtn. store in the fall. The selling clerk deliver the gun to me (in it's box inside a store bag) just outside the front door. At the same business but in a different city, I purchased handgun ammo that is kept behind the counter. They needed to see my pistol permit first. Then because I didn't have that same cal. on my permit as the ammo I was buing,they denied me. I asked to see mgr. and after showing ID (badge) they sold it to me. I mentioned this at another store of same name, they could not believe they had such a policy it their other store. Again, I think there are a few swelled heads and perhaps an anti or two working in these stores. Then there are young guys (gals too) who need a job and want to be sure they are doing everything right. As long as they are polite, I don't mind spending a few extra minutes. These clerks are often outdoor sportsmen too and maybe they will be shooting next to you at the range someday.

Overall, it upsets me that we have to deal with this crap, but on the otherhand, I am often glad that someone has the balls to question someone when things don't look right. It is difficult to get guns and ammo and it isn't getting any easier. I also know that you can't trust everyone. If they can't buy it, they will swipe it. The bad guys just swipe it!

I wish I had spent more money at the local gun shops when they were still in business.

Page generated in 0.02485 seconds with 8 queries