View Single Post
Old October 17, 2002, 08:52 PM   #1
stevie_d_64

Optic options for an "AR"...

Been researching this for some time now, is one of the few technical questions I ask in forums like this, so here the deal...

I have had a Bushmaster A3 "Shorty" with the 14.5" barrel with the factory AK muzzle brake to make it legal for about a year and a half...

I am satisfied with the iron sight "removable handle" for sighting targets...What I am looking for is a fairly interchangable optics package to fit on the rails system integral to the rifle...

I have narrowed this chioce down to 3 options...

Trijicons' TA-01-NSN with associatied mount...Big dollars...

Trijicons' "Reflex" for CQB applications...Medium dollars...

And the EOTech "heads up" CQB optical sight...

Since I have looked at these individually, my only problem with any of them is the line of sight blockage that each present when mounted to the rail system on the rifle...

The front sight is not one that is retractable or that can be laid down to give a clear line of sight through any of these optics...

Does anyone have an idea if this really is a problem in any form of use of the rifle, and do any of these optic systems pose an appreciable amount of line of sight blockage to keep me from quickly sighting in a target in a CQB environment effectively???

I am looking to finalize my decision and aquiring the best optics for my rifle very soon...

If there are any suggestions, or if I need to move this topic to another discussion group, please feel free to e-mail, PM, or reply to this...

I look forward to the input...

Page generated in 0.02417 seconds with 8 queries