View Single Post
Old November 16, 2010, 01:37 PM   #9
Wildalaska

Quote:
I wasn't there, but it just sounded extreme to shoot the guy.
Yep, you weren't.

Shooting someone attacking you with a cane depends on the circumstances...big difference between an enraged big guy who already has been subjected to non lethal force and refuses to stop, and a 80 year old Grandma poking you in a sensitive area.

Now on the other hand years ago I knew a pair of somewhat badass brothers, starting at 6'5", 270, young, dumb and full of testosterone. They lived with their "Nana" who was probably 70 and all of 5 feet tall with coke bottle glasses. If she got mad at them, she either took her cane to them, or a broomstick. Major offenses got the cane, to wit:not eating your peas.

So these jokers get picked up for a bar fight, charged with disorderly conduct. The Judge, an old Polish Guy from the old school of judging is arraigning them when Granny hobbles up. Judge asks her who she is, and she says I'm their Grandma and these are "my babies"...she asks the Judge to (paraphrase) "let me take my babies home and I'll make sure they behave", hobbles a step back and pokes the nearest one in the head with her cane, his response was "Owwww Nana, I'm sorry", the Judge bursts out laughing, dismisses the charges and as they walk out the door, she keeps poking them with her cane saying stuff like "Wait till I get you boys home" while smacking them with her cane...to the cries please of "Ow Nana stop we will be good".....

So if you saw Nana outside wacking these guys, would you shoot her

Fondly

WildmygrandmausedawoodenspoonAlaska ™©2002-2010

Page generated in 0.02962 seconds with 8 queries