View Single Post
Old August 3, 2010, 01:19 AM   #33
5.56RifleGuy

I looked into this because a motorcycle loving friend complained so much about it. The way I saw it, drawing the weapon was justified. He kept it at low ready and didn’t even point it at the driver. Maryland has a "shall never issue" policy for the normal citizen to CC. At least that was my experience and everyone else that was no LEO that ever applied for one. If the guy did have a gun and pulled it, I’m sure he would have been shot no doubt. I think MD has felony speeding laws, and if I remember correctly, most felony stops are done with the gun drawn. I don’t think the cop did anything wrong. The guy could have easily tried to hit him with his motor bike. Don't want to be treated like a criminal? Then don’t be one.

I don’t think it was an issue of Cop baiting either. The idiot just wanted to film his ultra cool motorcycle ride.

What is outrageous and ridiculous is the charges for filming the police officer. That is what everyone should be upset about. Why worry about questioning the actions of this officer when the even greater issue would be prevention of taping potential misdeeds of the police enacted by a state government.

That is the way that MD works though. Do something that they don’t like, and they will find a way to mess with you. I hate that state gov. The local governments suck too. I'm so glad I left.

Page generated in 0.03857 seconds with 8 queries