View Single Post
Old January 10, 2010, 06:00 AM   #24
CajunBass

It wasn't hunting, but fishing the James River, near Richmond, I saw what looked like a Volkswagen floating down the river. Turns out that's exactly what it was.

It washed up on the bank near Kingslanding and stayed there for a year or so. Finally someone pulled it out.

We figured it had been dumped on the side of the river, somewhere upstream and broke loose during a recent high water event. No idea how far it had floated. VW used to advertise that their bugs would float, and that one sure did.

Another time, my wife and I were fishing the Mattioponi River, near the town of Walkerton and I saw something moving in the pad field. I wasn't sure what it was, but my first thought was "Manatee." Now we're a LONG way from Manatee country so I told myself it was nothing. A few minutes later my wife asked me "What was that?" She had seen it too. She too thought Manatee.

A few days later, I saw in the paper that a dead dolphin (mammal) had been found in that area, apparently hit by a boat. It's a pretty long way to salt water from Walkerton, but my guess is that's what we saw.

One other "fish story." Again my wife and I fishing along the shoreline. Two young women, late teens maybe, ran down the bank, hand in hand, and ran into the water and started pulling each others clothes off. They then spotted us, laughed, ran back up the bank giggling and waving and disappeared into the woods.

No idea what was going on there.
John 3:16 (NKJV)

Last edited by CajunBass; January 10, 2010 at 01:19 PM.

Page generated in 0.02515 seconds with 8 queries