View Single Post
Old August 26, 2009, 01:20 AM   #15
golfnutrlv

Kayla,

I went through this same process last year. The transition from target and plinking to defensive shooting. I have taken a couple defensive handgun courses, and I can tell you, they changed my mindset completely. If you are serious about using a firearm for self defense, you need to commit to a good solid class financially, and physically/mentally.

I can tell you from personal experience that the stress created (however safe the environment may be) from action shooting, competitive shooting, and defensive shooting does funny things to your body and mind.

Recently, i took a class on Basic Carbine Tactics. I was so concerned about running a particular drill correctly that I forgot to load my rifle before I started!!!

Needless to say, I was the laughing stock of the class, but I did sling my rifle, and drew my pistol and finished the drill, mostly.

Bottom line, find a good training school. I have considered going to front sight, never actually have. My next training is going to be here, I think this school is a better "bang for the buck". Pax (Kathy Jackson) teaches at this school last time I looked. Firearms Academy of Seattle

I don't know where you are located, but this is a solid school from what I have been told.

Hopefully I can help out a little.

Feel free to PM or email to [email protected] if you have any specific questions!
America is at an awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Page generated in 0.03885 seconds with 8 queries