View Single Post
Old July 22, 2013, 11:16 PM   #3
Dragline45

Quote:
Needing your gun in a very bad way very quickly- again just point and pull trigger. Ain't for everyone but the way I like it. If I was carrying a revolver than it'd be the S&W model 642, again point and pull trigger. Simplicity works best. Dummy proof there's no need for all the gadgets, safety's , wondering if there's one in the Chamber or not. When things go bad usually they happen very quick or if not its all the same - point and squeeze trigger. Same every time.
I never have the saftey on my M9 engaged, and the Beretta is perfectly safe to carry with the saftey off. It is a DA/SA so the first trigger pull is a long DA pull like a revolver. So like your preference, all you have to do is point and squeeze the trigger.

As far as the OP's initial concern, I have an M9A1 and have never accidentally engaged the saftey when racking the slide, I actually just fiddled around with mine for a bit to see if I could and I still wasn't able to. Maybe your decocker/saftey is loose? Although mine is less than a year old so it may not be broken in as much. Also what method do you use when racking your slide, do you use the overhand method or just pull straight back with your thumb and forefinger?

By the way how are the gun laws over there in New Zealand, is it fairly easy to obtain a license/permit? Also what type of availability of guns do you guys got, are you limited on what you can and cant have? Sorry for going off topic but I am just interested.

Last edited by Dragline45; July 22, 2013 at 11:30 PM.

Page generated in 0.02363 seconds with 8 queries